Perturbing a system and observing the consequences is a classic scientific strategy for understanding a phenomenon. Psychedelic drugs perturb consciousness in a marked and novel way and thus are powerful tools for studying its mechanisms. In the present analysis, we measured changes in resting-state functional connectivity (RSFC) between a standard template of different independent components analysis (ICA)-derived resting state networks (RSNs) under the influence of two different psychoactive drugs, the stimulant/psychedelic hybrid, MDMA, and the classic psychedelic, psilocybin. Both were given in placebo-controlled designs and produced marked subjective effects, although reports of more profound changes in consciousness were given after psilocybin. Between-network RSFC was generally increased under psilocybin, implying that networks become less differentiated from each other in the psychedelic state. Decreased RSFC between visual and sensorimotor RSNs was also observed. MDMA had a notably less marked effect on between-network RSFC, implying that the extensive changes observed under psilocybin may be exclusive to classic psychedelic drugs and related to their especially profound effects on consciousness. The novel analytical approach applied here may be applied to other altered states of consciousness to improve our characterization of different conscious states and ultimately advance our understanding of the brain mechanisms underlying them.
- Inner Peace - "The Awakening" $69.00 – $130.00
- Brain Booster - "Mental Mastery" $55.00 – $99.00
- Sample Pack: 5 capsules $8.00 – $45.00
Sample Packs: 3 bags x 5 capsules (Get 15 Percent Off)
Sample Packs: 5 bags x 5 capsules (Get 20 Percent Off)
Sample Packs: 8 bags x 5 capsules (Get 30 Percent Off)
- Psychedelica Documentary From Gaia Episode 2
- Psychedelica Documentary From Gaia Episode 1
- Magic Mushroom Ceremony Guide | 5 Crucial Steps To Hold Your Own Ceremony
- Meet DoubleBlind, The New Magazine Focused On Psychedelics
- AOC Says She’ll Introduce More Psychedelics Legislation In Congress
- Scientists studying psychoactive drugs accidentally proved the self is an illusion
- Psychedelics Help You Become Emotionally Adaptable, Study Finds
I am happy to report that the products I have received through SoulCybin are as advertised and have enabled for me a long-overdue healing journey. I am grateful to this company for taking such care with my orders. Delivery was timely and accurate, except for one minor instance that they corrected right away once I brought it to their attention. It is obvious that the staff at SoulCybin care about their clients. I am very happy to count myself among those.