Are you interested in trying microdosing – but you aren’t sure which type of magic mushrooms are right for you?
In this guide, we’ll explore the many different types of magic mushrooms along with their unique properties, so you can then have a chance to make an informed decision – and also have yourself the best possible microdosing experience.
We’ll also cover the different ways to take magic mushrooms, including things like psilocybin powder and shroom tea, and we’ll also be exploring the cost of various types of magic mushrooms, along with the many different forms of administration.
Whether you are looking for a deep, spiritual experience or simply seeking to enhance your creativity and focus – by understanding the effects of each type of magic mushroom, you can truly choose the one that’s right for you.
We also want to share and provide a brief mention of our Private Membership Association (PMA), where you can find the tools, resources, and information that you need to support you along your microdosing journey.
So, if you’re ready to take the next steps – keep reading to discover the different types of magic mushrooms and much much more!
What Are The Types of Magic Mushrooms?
Are you ready to discover the best magic mushroom for you – so you can finally get started on your microdosing journey?
Let’s dive right into the exploration the most common types of magic mushrooms – as well as their effects on your body, your mind, and your soul.
Keep reading to discover a handful of the most common types of magic mushrooms…
This beautiful species is one of thee most well-known and commonly used type of magic mushrooms for microdosing!
It is the easiest mushroom to cultivate – and of course, this is what makes it the most commonly used, too.
It contains really high levels of psilocybin, which produces incredibly vivid visuals along with providing transformative emotional experiences when taken in large doses.
The magical Golden Cap mushroom is also often well known for its creativity-enhancing properties- and with its ability to also help you unlock new levels of your own innate artistic expression.
Most of Golden Cap Mushrooms psychoactive compounds are found in: Psilocybin, Psilocin, Baeocystin, Norbaeocystin, Aeruginascin.
Another popular type of magic mushroom for microdosing, the Golden Teacher is known for its spiritual and mystical effects. It produces a more introspective experience, allowing you to connect with something greater than yourself.
The Golden Teacher mushroom also helps you to focus and be able to properly concentrate.
Psilocybe Cubensis is a variety of the Golden Teacher magic mushroom, a type of hallucinogenic mushroom that primarily contains the psychoactive substances psilocybin and psilocin.
This is one of the most potent types of magic mushrooms. It produces a profound sense of unity and connectedness with the world around you – making it an incredibly popular choice for spiritual seekers and those looking to deepen their meditation practice.
The Psilocybin compound is quickly converted to psilocin after ingestion and eventually interacts with serotonin receptors in the nervous system.
This type of magic mushroom is known for its energetic effects and is often used for more physical tasks and activities like dancing or hiking. It also produces powerful feelings of euphoria and an enhanced sense of well-being.
Psilocybin and psilocin are their primary chemical compounds.
As the name suggests, the birthplace of this unique strain is in the Amazon rainforest.
These mushrooms have been used by local indigenous cultures as a healing and therapuetic tool for countless years.
This one is another potent strain of magic mushroom. It is very well known for its ability to induce life-changing visuals and allow for intense emotional experiences, especially when taken in larger doses. It also produces a sense of peace and relaxation overall, as well as feelings of euphoria and happiness.
It was about 16 inches tall when it was initially discovered!
Not too many types grow larger than 16 inches, but B+ is one of the few, and is also very well known for its larger than life size.
This type of magic mushroom is known for its high potency and is often used by experienced users looking for a powerful psychedelic experience.
The Andes of Ecuador are where Psilocybe Cubensis Ecuatoriana originated.
Even in less-than-ideal growth conditions, it is relatively simple to grow and produces excellent results.
The Ecuadorian mushroom is an excellent choice for beginners. It has powerful impacts that are typically psychological and reflective.
This stunning variety of magic mushrooms is well known for its potent visual effects – and for its deep impact on one’s emotions.
It produces both feelings of ecstasy and pleasure, as well as a deep sense of spiritual connection and inter-connectedness to everything.
McKennaii is highly unique since it is actually believed to have been cultivated artificially in a lab. The purpose of this is to provide high yields of the mushroom, and to formulate incredibly potent psychedelic effects.
The Penis Envy type is well-known among mushrooms.
Although many also think of it as a kind that stands out for its potency, one could initially believe that this is because of its phallic shape.
Even though there are numerous Psilocybe Cubensis variations, you’ll frequently read that they all tend to be rather similar.
Penis Envy, however, is considered by many to have an especially high potency.
“A Cubensis is a Cubensis… except for Penis Envy” – they say.
It is said to produce a deep sense of connectedness with the world around you.
This type of magic mushroom is known for its milder effects and is often used by beginners, or those looking for a more of a gentle and easeful psychedelic experience.
It is also said to produce feelings of bliss and enjoyment, as well as a deep sentiment of tranquility.
Compared to most Psilocybe Cubensis strains, this one is known for its faster, more immediate impact, along with its slightly more intense physical high.
Pictured above: Albino A+ (Source: GetSpores.com)
When choosing the right type of magic mushroom for your microdosing needs, it’s important to take into account your goals, personality, and experience level.
If you’re looking for a more gentle experience, a milder strain like Albino A+ might be a good choice, or if you’re looking for a more intense psychedelic experience, a potent strain like Penis Envy or Ecuadorian might be more suitable – so take your pick depending on what YOU want to experience more of.
It’s also important to consider the effects of each type of magic mushroom, including mental and physical effects, creativity effects, and other psychedelic impacts.
Ultimately, the best way for you to choose the right type of magic mushroom for your microdosing needs is to experiment with different strains and see which one you feel works best for you.
Remember to always start your sessions with a smaller dosage – and gradually work your way up if need be.
The Different Ways to Take Magic Mushrooms
In this section, we’ll explore the different kinds, and ways, to take the different types of magic mushrooms, including psilocybin powder, shroom tea, and more.
- Psilocybin Powder: This is a really popular way to take magic mushrooms as it allows for precise dosing – and easy ingestion. Psilocybin powder can be added to your food or drinks, making it also a really discreet option for microdosing.Keep in mind that you might find the taste unpleasant, and you must ensure that the powder is properly dissolved in whatever you put it in, but overall, it’s a convenient option if you want to control your dosage and intake in a simple yet effective way
- Shroom Tea: This is a popular method if you prefer a gentler yet prolonged experience. Shroom tea is made by steeping magic mushrooms in hot water. The best part is that It can be flavored with herbs and spices for a more pleasant taste experience. The effects of Shroom tea may take a little longer to set in, but they can also last a lot longer than other methods. However, it is important for you to note that some of the psilocybin may be lost during the steeping process, which can also affect the potency of the tea – so it is important to ensure that you boil it at the right temperatures.
- Edibles: Another option for consuming magic mushrooms is through using edibles, such as chocolates, gummies, or even baked goods. Edibles can be a tasty and discreet way to take magic mushrooms – but it’s definitely important to be aware of the dosage as well as the wait time for the effects to kick in, because the effects of edibles may also last longer than other methods and canalso be much more intense, so always remember, when it comes to edibles, it’s important to start with a low dose and gradually increase if you feel that it is necessary.
- Capsules: This is both a convenient and a discreet way to take magic mushrooms – and the best part is, that capsules also allow for precise dosing and are very easy to swallow. They are also a good option if you don’t like the taste of magic mushrooms or want if you want a more standardized and set dose.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are liquid extracts of magic mushrooms that are taken sublingually (under the tongue) for fast absorption. They’re a good option if you want a quick onset of effects and a desire a more controlled dose. Tinctures can also be added to drinks for a more pleasant taste!
- Eating Raw: Eating raw magic mushrooms is the most traditional method of consumption. It can at times be difficult to measure the dosage this way, but it actually provides the most natural and immediate effects.
Remember that each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, and it’s important to choose the one that works best for you based on your personal preferences and goals – you might need to try a few different ways before you discover what works for you – and that’s okay! Just find what you like, and you’ll know what to stick to.
How Much Do Magic Mushrooms Cost?
In this section, we’ll discuss the cost of the different types of magic mushrooms.
It’s important to note that the cost of magic mushrooms can vary greatly depending on where you live, the quality and potency of the mushrooms, as well as the method of consumption.
It’s also incredibly important to purchase from a reputable source and to practice safe consumption habits overall. As with any substance, remember to begin with a smaller dose and gradually increase as needed. Starting with a sample to test is always a good idea.
- Psilocybin Powder: The cost of psilocybin powder truly varies depending on the source and quality, but it typically costs between $30 and $100 per gram. Know that the price can vary depending on the potency of the powder and the quantity purchased. Higher quality and more potent powders will generally end up being a bit more expensive – but they can also provide a more powerful and long-lasting experience as well.
- Shroom Tea: The cost of shroom tea can vary depending on whether you purchase pre-made tea bags, or choose to make your own. Pre-made tea bags can be purchased for around $20 to $30 for a package of 20 bags. If you make your own shroom tea, the cost will all depend on the particular type of mushrooms and the quantity of mushrooms used – as well as any additional herbs or spices which you might want to add. Generally, making your own tea will be cheaper than purchasing pre-made tea bags.
- Capsules: As previously mentioned, magic mushroom capsules are a convenient and easy way to take shrooms – and luckily, they can also be purchased online! The cost of the capsules can vary depending on the type of mushrooms, and potency of the mushrooms that are used, and they typically range from around $70 for a package of 30 capsules.
- Edibles: Magic mushroom edibles can definitely be an incredibly delicious way to consume shrooms. Luckily, pre-made edibles can be purchased online for about $40-$60, depending on the dosage and quantity.
- Tinctures: Magic mushroom tinctures are a concentrated liquid form of shrooms which can be used for microdosing. They can be made at home using high-proof alcohol and magic mushrooms, or they can be purchased online. The cost of pre-made tinctures can vary depending on the potency of the tincture – as wellas the quantity you want to purchase.Generally, a 30ml bottle of tincture will cost you around $40 to $60. And, If you decide make your own tincture, the price will all depend on the type and quantity of mushrooms that you use, along with the cost of the alcohol that you want to use to make the tincture.
Experience the Different Types of Magic Mushrooms for Yourself
Now that you understand the many different types of magic mushrooms and their uses – you can begin to choose the right one for your own personal needs and desires.
Whether you are looking for a spiritual experience or a creative boost, know that there is a type of magic mushroom that can help you achieve your goals.
And as always – remember to always follow safe practices and seek guidance from a professional if necessary.
If you are feeling to explore and learn more about the potential benefits and types of magic mushrooms, having access to the tools and resources to be well-informed, as well as being a part of a community of like-minded individuals, consider joining our Private Membership Association (PMA)!
We’re here to support you with the tools and education that you need to get started on your mushroom journey – and the best part of all is that membership is free!
We’re looking forward to connecting with you.
*None of the information shared on this website is shared as medical, legal, or professional advice. If you have any concern, consult your licensed physician.